You can find the plugin configuration in your backend under Customers → DHL → Configuration. Use the Shop field at the top of the configuration to select the subshop for which you want to adjust the settings.
Login to DHL customer portal
- Username – Your user name for the DHL Business Customer Portal. Please note that your username is case-sensitive.
- Passwort – Your passwort for the DHL Business Customer Portal.
- Use testing web service – Activate this option if you do not want to use the DHL Productive Web Service. In this case, you have to enter the Developer ID into the field Username and the password of your DHL Developer Portal account under Password. You can find the Developer ID in the DHL Developer Portal in the Account section.
Once you have entered your user name and password, you can use the button Verify account. If your data is incorrect, an error message will appear.
Shipping country & DHL products
By registering in the DHL Business Customer Portal, you can send DHL shipments from Germany. If you also want to send shipments from other countries, this is only possible with DHL Express and therefore registration for DHL Express is necessary.
After selecting the shipping country, click on Apply data. If everything is correct, the fields DHL Customer number (EKP) and Attendance DHL [product name] will be filled in automatically. If an error message appears, please follow the instructions in the error message and check your access data for the business customer portal. If you cannot determine the cause of the error message, please enter your customer number and the participation numbers manually.
You can find your 10-digit DHL customer number (EKP) in the DHL Business Customer Portal in the menu Contract Data (accessible by clicking on your name in the top right-hand corner). There you will also find your billing numbers for the respective products. The participation numbers, which have to be entered in the plugin configuration, correspond to the last two digits of the billing number.
If the error message "The selected billing number is not available" appears, this may be due to outdated billing numbers. In this case, compare the billing numbers stored in the backend with those in the business customer portal and correct them if necessary.
If a billing number is missing completely (for example, because DHL lost it during the changeover from Intraship to the business customer portal), please contact your DHL customer advisor so that the missing billing number can be set up.
In this section you enter the sender address, which should be printed on the shipping labels. You should also enter a contact person in the fields Contact person, Email address and Phone number in case DHL has any queries. Please enter only one telephone number. It may only consist of numbers, as spaces, punctuation marks and special characters will result in an error message.
Weight determination (in kilogram)
This is where the standard weights for the various DHL products are stored and settings for determining the parcel weight are made. However, these settings are to be considered independently of the shipping costs calculation in Shopware, which is set up in the backend under Configuration → Shipping costs.
- Default shipment weight – The weights entered here are used when creating the shipping labels if automatic weight calculation is deactivated or (if weight calculation is activated) no weight is defined for any item within the order.
- Calculate shipment weight automatically – If this field is activated, the parcel weights are automatically calculated on the basis of the weights of the items contained as well as the percentage and fixed weight surcharges. Note: If a weight is not defined for all items when weight calculation is activated or individual item weights are less than 0.1 kg, a default value of 0.1 kg is assumed for each of the affected items. The weight contained on the shipping label may therefore differ from the weight displayed/entered in the backend.
- Percentage weight addition for filling material – Percentage weight surcharge for filling material based on the sum of the item weights if automatic weight calculation is activated.
- Fixed weight addition for packaging material – Fixed weight surcharge in kilograms for packaging material when automatic weight calculation is activated.
- Codable addresses only – Activate the checkbox if shipping labels are only to be created for addresses that DHL considers to be routing-codable. DHL usually charges a surcharge for non-conductable addresses.
For international shipments (to non-EU countries)
- Type of shipment – Sale of goods is recommended for online shops. Corresponds to box (10) on the customs declaration CN 23.
- Explanation of shipment (if type of shipment is Other) – Has to be indicated if the type of consignment is Other. Corresponds to box (10) on the customs declaration CN23. Has to be indicated in English or French.
- Default incoterm – This is the Incoterm (International Commercial Term), which describes the applied contract formula for national and international flows of goods. You can find more information on this directly at customs. A selection is required for the creation of export documents.
- General export description – This field is used to further describe the contents of the parcel for international shipments. This is a mandatory field for international shipments and with a minimum of two characters.
- Place of committal – This is the delivery point where you drop off your parcels, e.g. a specific post office. This information is printed on the export documents created.
- Senders Customs Reference – Whether the field is required depends on the regulations of the country of origin and destination. Possible values are, for example, your customs number (EORI number), tax number or VAT ID.
E-mail notifications from DHL to the customer
You can find general information about this function here. Below you will find the settings that apply specifically to the DHL adapter.
- Enable automatic dispatch notifications – Here you can activate the automatic shipping notifications from DHL. The shipping notifications are sent daily at the end of your shipping day. You can set the time for this in the Business Customer Portal. For more information, click hier.
- Sender's e-mail address for automatic dispatch notifications – If you have activated the automatic dispatch notifications, an e-mail address has to be entered in this field, which will then act as the sender's address.
Important: If this field does not contain a valid e-mail address, no shipping notifications can be sent by DHL!
- Enable automatic delivery notifications – Here you can specify whether you want to activate the automatic delivery notifications from DHL. You can find more information here. An individual logo in the delivery notification e-mail can be set up manually by DHL Sales. To do this, please contact your DHL Sales contact.
In the DHL Business Customer Portal, you can view the e-mail text template for the shipment notifications via Parcel & Goods → Settings → Notifications & end of day time in the Notifications tab and edit it via the pencil icon, e.g. to add a BCC e-mail address.
Configure cash on delivery
Read here how to configure the cash on delivery service option.
DHL Express (optional)
To use the DHL Express service, please enter your access data for DHL Express Global Web Services.
DHL Returns (optional)
DHL assigns individual return recipient/portal names for each customer and each sender country. Therefore, the corresponding return recipient has to be stored in the configuration of the DHL Adapter for each country you wish to use. The return recipients available to you for the respective countries can be found in the Receiver Id column in the DHL Business Customer Portal under Parcel & Goods → Returns → Settings.
In the Label settings section of the plugin configuration, activate the option Automatically send return label in order confirmation if a return label is to be automatically generated for customer orders and sent to the customer as an attachment to the order confirmation e-mail.
Further settings for shipping labels in the Business Customer Portal
You can make further settings for the shipping labels in the Business Customer Portal Business Customer Portal under Parcel & Goods → Ship → Settings → General settings. It is important that you make the appropriate printer settings in the Business Customer Portal so that the shipping labels are printed correctly.
By default, the following print settings are selected for printing on A5:
- Shipping label – Common label laser printing 105 x 205 mm (910-300-700)
- Return shipping label – Common label laser printing 105 x 205 mm (910-300-700)
The exact identifier of the paper format used (xxx-xxx-xxx) can be found as a small number on the DHL shipping labels. The following size settings are suitable for certain purposes:
- Hide additional labels on the side of the mailing label – Common label laser printing 105 x 205 mm (910-300-700) without additional label
- Using thermal label printers – Common label thermal printing 103 x 199 mm (910-300-600, 910-300-610)