Returns can be processed conveniently from within the warehouse using Pickware WMS and our Inventory app. This process works as follows:
- In the Inventory app, enter the order number or the name of the customer in the Returns tab to search for the order. Alternatively, you can also scan the barcode on the delivery note / invoice or the returns label, provided the returns label has been created directly in the Shopware backend with one of our shipping adapters. This is done independently of the warehouse selected above.
- Select the destination warehouse to store the return.
- Scan the items to be returned from the order or select the items manually using the + symbol.
- Store the corresponding return quantity for the items. In the event that the returned goods can no longer be resold, they can also be written off in order to remove them from the stock. To do this, enter the corresponding quantity in the Write off from field. Click on Save.
- Optionally add a comment or photos, for example to document damaged goods. Finally, click on Create return.
After saving, you will get to an overview in which all previously selected items are listed with the corresponding quantity and assigned bin location. Once you have completed the storage, click on Confirm stocking.
Here you can find the process as a video tutorial:
A new return has now been created in the Shopware backend under Customers → Returns. The return will automatically be assigned the status Received and all stock levels will be adjusted accordingly. In the event that the goods are put back into stock, both the physical and the available stock will increase. If the goods are written off, the stock level is not increased.
The refund and the completion of the return are also done in the backend. You can find all the necessary information in this article.