The product set plugin is compatible with the DHL Adapter powered by Pickware. For deliveries abroad, for example to Switzerland, the product set item and its sub-products are always displayed on the export document. These partly have slight peculiarities due to specifications of the DHL interface.
- Price – The price of a product set item is set independently of its sub-items and is also the price that the customer ultimately pays. For this reason, sub-products are listed without a price (through the DHL interface a minimum value of €0.01) and the final price is given in the product set item.
- Weight – Since a product set item is a virtual item without its own weight, the weight of the DHL parcel is only made up of the sub-items. For this reason, the product set item is managed without weight (only through the DHL interface a minimum value of 0.1 kg) and the sub-products have their regular weight instead.
- Items – A maximum of 99 items can be displayed on the export document. If a product set item exceeds this quantity, all items beyond the number 98 are combined into a 99th item. The individual sub-products must also be listed for correct customs clearance.
The product set plugin works with Magnalister in that the two important functions of the product set plugin are implemented on the item and order synchronisation with the various marketplaces:
- Calculated item properties by sub-products (stock, weight) during item export. This means that the plugin automatically calculates the stock level based on the sub-products and passes it on to Magnalister and thus also to the external marketplaces.
- Fanning out product set items into sub-products when importing orders. Product set items are also fanned out into sub-products when importing an order, as in Shopware Frontend.
To ensure compatibility, the following classes from Magnalister are extended by patch files. This is done automatically when installing the product set plugin or Magnalister.
If you have added other individual extensions to Magnalister that extend the same classes, the compatibility of the plugins can no longer be guaranteed.
In addition, a hook file is stored which is to be executed in the case of a certain event. In Magnalister, however, only one such hook file is loaded. If you have already stored a hook file for this event, only one of these files will be executed - the other one will not (addOrder_1.php).
Since some properties of product set items are not stored directly in the database but are always calculated live from the sub-products, an adjustment has also been implemented for the product feed. The properties instock and weight are calculated by sub-products, which is why the item filters "stock greater than minimum stock" and "stock less than minimum stock" now also work with product set items.
For compatibility with individual adjustments to the SQL filter, the corresponding values must be available on the database, see here.
The product set plugin does not work with the Backend Orders plugin from Shopware, as the mechanism for dividing the product set into the individual sub-products is not possible here.
From a technical point of view, the function of the product set plugin is called up via the order completion of the frontend. If an order is created via another way (this also applies to the creation of orders directly on the database), the order completion is not run through properly and the function of the plugin is therefore not called. If you want to carry out orders on behalf of your customer, we recommend the way via the frontend. You will find the corresponding button Log in as this customer directly in the customer account of your customer.
Stock Warning (Cronjob)
As the stock level of a product set item in the backend is not meaningful, the eMail notification property under Basic Settings → System → Cronjobs for a product set item will not work as usual.
So-called ESD items must not be part of a product set, as otherwise it would not be possible to download the ESD items when the customer purchases them.
Plugin heidelpay from heidelpay GmbH
When using the plugin heidelpay in conjunction with our product set plugin, it can happen that cancelled orders are recreated by heidelpay without executing the logic of the product set item, as a result of which the sub-products are missing in these orders.
Product set items in conjunction with Pickware ERP, WMS and POS
The product set plugin fully integrates with the Pickware ERP warehouse management system and is also compatible with the Pickware WMS plugin, allowing product set items to be picked with the handheld scanners just like normal items.
The integration into warehouse management is particularly helpful because the introduction of product set items makes it possible to keep the stock of the individual sub-products separately and to automatically calculate and display the availability of the product set item. For more information, click here.
Compatibility with Pickware WMSallows individual sub-products to be distributed across multiple bin locations. WMS knows the bin locations of the items so that warehouse staff can pick the product set item or sub-items like any other order item.
Example: A shop operator wants to sell the (product set) item "Gift Basket". This item as a whole does not exist in his warehouse, but is put together for each order from 1x "blue basket", 2x "red wine" and 1x "French soft cheese". In the conventional way, the shop operator has to process the stock of the three sub-products manually for each order and check the availability of the item "gift basket" anew each time. By using the product set plugin, the shop operator specifies only once which sub-products make up the product set item "Gift Basket". The availability of the "Gift Basket" and the stock levels of the sub-products are automatically maintained. When using Pickware WMS, the warehouse employee also gets the sub-products contained in the product set displayed on his digital pick list.
When purchasing a product set item in the shop, both the "virtual" stock of the product set item and the stock of all sub-products are correctly reduced.